Monday, August 29, 2011

Becoming (more) Creative



I have a friend named Mason. Mason is a natural leader. People gravitate toward him, and instinctively know that they should ask him for advice. Mason knows this, and has realized that this skill/gift...this "skift" is an important part of his calling and how God has created him. I've had the opportunity to talk at length with Mason about stuff like leadership, calling, goals, motivation, Jesus, church, ministry, coaching and comic books. I've also benefited (as a bit of a guinea pig) from Mason's skills in coaching. That's actually what he wants to do with his life. He wants to be a coach.  Not a sports coach, but I suppose you'd call it a life coach.  However, I think he would choose a less cheesy way of wording it. Either way, he's good at it. God has given him the ability to "ask good questions." His goal is not to be an adviser, as such. He just asks you the right questions at the right time. 


Anyway, I was talking with Mason a couple of weeks ago, and he told me one of the things he's working on to better himself, and to become more well rounded is that he's challenging himself to be more creative. He told me that creativity is often something that he struggles with. 


I've been thinking a lot about that lately, and have actually been looking for ways to express my own creativity, more often. That was actually one of the things that really motivated me to migrate my blog from Tumblr to Blogger. Blogger allows me to connect better with others, and gives me more creative license with my blog. 


So, when I ran across this video today on Jon Acuff's blog, I instantly wanted to post it, and tell you about my creative friend, Mason. 





I also want to mention my wife, Ferial.  She is wonderfully creative and inspires me in countless ways. Yesterday was her birthday. You should go check out her blog, get inspired and wish her oodles of happiness.





2 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...