Saturday, August 27, 2011

Contempervant




As a Christian, I am always struggling to span the gap between a 2000 year old faith, which I believe is relevant in any age, and my post-modern culture.  As a student, I have been taught to be critical, not in the sense of negatively nit-picking, but in the literal sense, in which I explore the reasoning, motivations and cultural undertones behind why we do the things we do.  This video is fairly well produced and points out a lot of things that we as modern Christians have room to criticize, to explore and study.  It also happens to do so in a pretty funny way.  I can’t count how many times my friends and I have “pre-enacted” these same jokes, said these same things, and wondered why we do some of these things that we, and the churches we attend, do.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...