Wednesday, August 24, 2011

wishes


Good morning. I say that because it's morning here.

This is a poem I wrote a couple of years ago, after a fight I had with my wife, resulting from a simple misunderstanding.

I do hope you like it.



wishes

pearly drips of glint and gleam

drop from tops and tips of trees
not trees but reeds surrounding pools of
blues and greens
now greys and
hazel eyes like embers
coals from timbers
burnt with passion and desire
fire from his lovers bosom
crying but his tears won’t soothe them
pangs of pain for her heart breaks
betrayed abandoned
misperception
errors in communication
words not meant
but swords still sever
even with intentions better
pain breeds pain
and only rain will douse the flames
reigns of mercy healing heartbreak
changing loss and dross
to sterling starlings
whispered wishes in the night for change
as strange as wild as child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...