Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing


source
It's always nice to use a song lyric for the title of your blog. Especially if the song was written by Steven Tyler, as the climactic love song for a movie, in which his daughter gets frisky with an astronaut and some animal crackers. If there's one word we could use to describe that situation - classy.

But this blog has nothing to do with Aerosmith or animal crackers.

It's about keeping up. Being kept up to speed.

I'm sure you don't do this, but when I first go to my computer in the morning (after an extensive time of prayer and Bible study - in Hebrew), it's primarily to check "mah stuff." I check my e-mail, my Facebook, my Twitter, my Blogger statistics (3 new page views!) and sometimes my Google Reader.

Not too much, right? Should only take me about 10 - 15 minutes.

Actually, it takes me about 30 min...if I'm not distracted.

Here's why. I need to play catch up.

I've been asleep for like, 7 hours! A lot of my friends are on the other side of the world. They've been posting status updates, pictures, tweets and LOLs while I've been snoozing...and I've gotta see that stuff! I'm serious. Perhaps it's a compulsion, but I literally scroll through my Facebook newsfeed, reading update after update, clicking through to Youtube videos and commenting on pictures, until I've come to the last thing I read the night before.

It is especially interesting that I am noticing this today, because yesterday, I wrote about wishing I had more time in the mornings to read, study and pray.

Somebody call Jack Johnson, because I just found out where the time goes.

(did you see that? two music jokes in the same blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...