Thursday, October 13, 2011

Under Pressure (and my umbrella-ella-ella)


Sometimes I psych myself out of blogging. It may sound like writers block, but it isn't. It's pressure. Pressure that I've put upon myself. 

I often think that I need to have something inspirational, something witty or something ultra-spiritual to say before I write a blog. 

At the same time, there's this pressure to post often. Jon Acuff writes about the unwritten social contract between bloggers and readers. I want to write. I enjoy it. I believe in it. However, I just don't have the time to do it every day. I'm no professional writer / blogger. This isn't what I do for a living. I have a full-time job, and a busy schedule to work around if I want to write. However, I want to fulfill my end of the bargain I've made with my readers. Perhaps part of the problem is that I haven't worked out what exactly that contract looks like. If I defined the parameters, then perhaps I'd be better at putting my money where my mouse is (mouse...get it...? I'm not speaking...I'm blogging).

source

So, I went grocery shopping this morning. As I walked under my black and white polka-dot umbrella, from my apartment to the grocery store, the sweet smell of the fresh rain mingled with the crisp autumn air. The drops descended and dove into puddles, bounced off 'brellas and watered the earth. The trip was short. It's not far to the store, but the short walk there and back was perhaps the most relaxing moment of my week. I breathed deeply, walked slowly and thanked God for clarity. 


It's so simple. It isn't funny. It isn't life changing. 


But I wanted to share it with you. 





1 comment:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...