Friday, November 11, 2011

Travelers


In my experience, travelers dress in one of two ways: casual or rock-star awesome. Either they look like they're headed to a coed slumber party or just about to step onto the red carpet.


Sure, there are always anomalous travelers. Those guys who wear jeans, trainers and a generic t-shirt, but they're the oblivious exception.


I think that one of the main factors determining how a person dresses when traveling is this: who are you trying to impress? If you're not trying to impress anyone, you'll most likely travel in your sweatpants. It's amazing. There are people out there (especially girls) who wouldn't wear sweatpants to the grocery store, but flying to another country via international travel hubs, servicing thousands of guests daily? They look like they're headed to some ridiculously comfortable gym.


I find that when I travel I want to dress comfortably, but I tend to lean in the other direction. I want to be mistaken for a musician on tour when I travel. A musician of such a calibre that he doesn't waste his time on buses and asphalt. My music is in such demand that I must fly between international venues.


When I was single, I used to imagine that I'd meet some beautiful woman walking down the hallway of concourse C. Coincidentally, we'd walk all the way to the same gate. Sitting together, waiting for our flight, we'd get lost in conversation, arrange to have our seat assignments changed and talk the whole flight, annoying the travelers around us with our flirtatious wit and banter.


God had different plans for my life, however, and I never met that girl. I did meet another, though, and while I've never told her, when I sit across from her at the coffee shops or in the terminal, I thank God that this is the girl he destined me to travel with.


Incidentally, when traveling she and I dress in a similar fashion, and together we walk through the concourse looking rock star awesome.






What about you?  How do you dress when you travel? 





1 comment:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...