Monday, December 3, 2012

For Those Who Wonder



The way I figure, there are three or four main types of people who read my blog:

  1. Friends and family who want to keep up with my life / thoughts.
  2. People who actually find what I have to say interesting / insightful.
  3. People who randomly stumble upon my blog.
  4. Russian spam-bots (ok, not really people, but I get a lot of traffic from those little buggers).

If you're in either of those first two groupings, you've probably been wondering where I've been for the past couple of months. Here are a few facts - 
  1. My last blog post was on October 23th. I thought it was a good one.
  2. Since moving back to the US, I've written only 5 blogs, despite being unemployed the whole time.
  3. That's not to say I haven't written. I've written a few things that were just for me (sorry). In addition, I submitted a guest post for the Stuff Christians Like blog. However, to date, it hasn't been published. If this trend continues, I'll probably post it in some form here, but once I publish it here, they can't / won't publish it there. So...I'm still hoping they'll use it. 
  4. I've been trying to fight writers' block. The thing is, even though I haven't been working, I've had so much on my mind, lately, that's it's been tough to try and get any of it to sit still long enough to write about. 
  5. Excuses are like Uranus. Sure, it's still a planet, but who wants to live there?

Due to all that stuff above ^, I wanted to tell you about a few things that have been going on in my life. Just a bit of catch up. I'm hoping to start posting more frequently again, but in the mean time, I wanted to satiate your curiosity (because I'm sure you're just dying to know what I've been up to, right?). So, as if two numbered lists weren't enough, I'm going to give you one more. 
  1. We moved back to the US. We love being here, but we miss our friends in Korea, horribly. 
  2. We payed off all our student loans and finally became totally debt free!
  3. We were given a car.
  4. Then, Ferial got a sweet job, which she loves and I am totally not jealous of. 
  5. Because of aforementioned sweet job, she needed a more reliable car...so we bought a new one. Welcome back to being in debt. 
  6. Our friend, Pamela came to visit in the middle of 3-5. We had a great time, and were very busy. 
  7. We've been as involved as possible with ministries at our church, especially in the youth / young adult sectors. I'm still praying & desperately desiring a job in ministry somewhere, but I felt a strong urging from the Lord to wait on Him. So, I wait...and I look...and I plead. 
  8. In the mean time, I'm looking for other jobs, just to try and provide some extra income for my family. Ferial's job is great, and praise God, it provides for 98% of our budget, but that's cutting it a bit too close, so I'm looking for almost anything I can get to help supplement that. 
  9. We put down a deposit this week for an apartment, and were approved. We move in a couple of weeks. We're calling it Club75, and we hope you'll come by for a cup of tea (except you creepsters. Ya'll stay away.) 
And that brings us up to date on what's been happening in our lives lately. There's tons more I could talk about, but those are the highlights. If you've not given up on me yet, I hope you'll continue checking back, reading as I write whatever I Tram well please. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...